Currently reading: "Crazy Love"

9:26 AM

"It is not a scientific doubt, not atheism, not pantheism, not agnosticism, that in our day and in this land is likely to quench the light of the gospel. It is a proud, sensuous, selfish, luxurious, church-going, hollow-hearted prosperity."  
- Frederic D. Huntington (qtd. in Francis Chan) 




I know I'm a little late on the "Crazy Love" train, but holy cow this book is just plain amazing.

I just finished chapter four, "profile of the lukewarm" hence the quote above, and I cannot stop thinking about it. Each page, I learn something new about myself and about God, my mind is completely blown and I find the way I view my life and my world being challenged. It is the perfect balance of feel good God loves you so insanely much you just have no idea and the slap in the face of wake the heck up and do something about it.

It's the kind of book that makes you stop often to process and meditate on what you just read. It makes you examine your life and ask yourself hard questions. It makes you stop to pray and even to praise God.

If you are in a place where you are feeling lukewarm, if you're wanting to look a little a lot deeper at God's love for you, if you feel that in America our churches are missing something, that American Christianity does not reflect the Christianity that Jesus intended for us to live out, and you're ready to be challenged, read this book.

And that's just up to chapter four!

Have you read "Crazy Love"? What are your thoughts? Want to know more? Let's get coffee.

-Breezy

You Might Also Like

0 comments